AHDB Beef & Lamb has developed various resources designed to support beef and sheep farmer groups. These range from templates to help plan meetings, to tools that can be used by the group to benchmark farm performance.
Templates for meetings
- Terms of reference
- Annual planner
- Speaker brief
- Meeting report
- Attendance list
- KT event risk assessment
Tools that can be used in group meetings
- Stocktake LITE – helps producers collect information to calculate a gross margin
- Stocktake COMPARE – helps producers benchmark their Stocktake LITE figures
- Stocktake WHAT-IF – helps producers understand how changes to costs and performance levels can affect the gross margin
- Breeding flock KPI calculator
- Breeding herd KPI calculator
- Beef ration calculator
- Blend calculator
- Feed budget planner
- Flock management calendar
- Herd management calendar
Ideas for visits
AHDB Beef & Lamb is happy to suggest farms or research institutes for producer group to visit. Please contact Liz Genever for more information.
Developing beef expertise
We are running a series of continuous professional development meetings for beef consultants and advisers. More details can be found on the developing beef expertise page of the website.
A course for sheep consultants and advisers is being planned to start in the autumn of 2016.