DIY AI Course
AHDB Beef & Lamb is providing 50 per cent funding towards DIY artificial insemination (AI) courses for suckler producers with over 30 breeding females.
Following successful uptake in 2017, funding has been extended until March 2020, with a further 250 course places available.
XL Vets Training Services and Westpoint Farm Vets will be delivering the courses on a regional basis across the country. To book onto a course, please contact your nearest provider. Full contact details and regional coverage, including upcoming course availability, can be found below.
The funding will also be available to final year agriculture students who can successfully demonstrate how they will use the skills gained on the course in their future career.
Any students applying for funding should download and complete a short application form and return it to email@example.com
Funding from AHDB Beef & Lamb is dependent on the delegate completing and passing the course. Failure to pass the course will result in the delegate paying the full cost.
Why use AI?
• Improve the genetics of your herd
• Use bulls with proven performance
• Tailor the breeding of your herd by selecting for maternal or terminal traits
• Speed up genetic progress of your breeding females with sexed semen
• Reduce the need to keep as many bulls on farm
James Shouler, a suckler producer from Oxfordshire, attended a course in 2017. In this short video he talks about the benefits of being able to perform AI on his herd.
In March 2017, we ran a webinar on the benefits of using AI in the suckler herd. You can watch again below.
Location and contact details
Westpoint Farm Vets
Tel: 07889 806 597
XL Vets Training Service
Tel: 01765 608 489
- Devon – 19 February 2018
- Dorset – 20 February 2018
- Somerset – 5 March 2018
If you are interested in joining one of these courses, please call XL Vets Training Service.
- Kent – 16, 19, 20 February
- West Sussex – 26, 27, 28 February
- Cornwall – 26, 27 & 28 February and 12, 13, 14 March
- Leicestershire – 28 February and 1, 2 March
- Cumbria, Brampton – 27, 28 February and 1 & 2 March
- Cumbria, Carlisle – 27, 28, 29 March
If you are interested in joining one of these courses, please call Westpoint Vets.