Project Number: 91110091
Lead Contractor: Icon Software
Start and end dates: 18 March 2019 – 31 March 2020
Phase 1 of the pilot electronic medicine book (eMB) for cattle identified some key challenges that the eMB must overcome if it is to be a workable tool for farmers to use. Phase 2 of pilot aims to address some of these challenges.
Aims and Objectives:
Phase 2 of the pilot eMB Cattle aims to:
- Implement farm level metrics for benchmarking antibiotics use for dairy and beef cattle
- Develop an API or similar as a means of importing data from herd management programs
- Investigate how vet practise data can be imported and used within eMB
- Improve user navigation and reporting
- Work will be done to investigate if the system can be easily adapted to handle sheep medicine use data
- Continue testing with users
Like phase 1, a technical advisory group will input to the development of phase II. Work from a project with the University of Bristol on beef benchmarking of medicine use and the Cattle Health and Welfare AMU working group will also inform how further developments are implemented.