Translating the latest research into practice
Consultants, advisers, vets and industry representatives were invited to attend the AHDB Beef and Lamb annual research and development event on 13th September 2016 in Warkwickshire to hear the latest research findings.
The range of research work that AHDB Beef and Lamb is involved in was showcased, looking at research projects that shape the way the industry develops and sharing those messages with advisers within the beef and sheep industry.
See the presentations from the day below:
Recently finished projects
- Evaluating metablolisable protein supply for ewes – Rob Wilkinson, Harper Adams University
- Lifetime growth patterns and beef eating quality – Jimmy Hyslop, SRUC
- The effect on lower nitrogen rates on grass and clover – Jo Matthews, NIAB-TAG
- Evaluating key performance indicators for beef systems – Sarah Hughes, University of Nottingham
- Maximise conserved forages in the diets of pregnant and lactating ewes – Kate Phillips, Harper Adams University
- Update on RamCompare – Samuel Boon, Signet
- Beef feed efficiency programme and BVD free – Mary Vickers, AHDB Beef and Lamb
- Developing beef (and sheep) exptertise – Sarah Pick, AHDB Beef and Lamb
- Livestock industry data exchange hub – Stewart Hall, VBMS