The Halal seminar took place on Tuesday 17th March at Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, Warwickshire. It took a closer look at the opportunities and challenges facing the sector, with more than 60 delegates hearing from a raft of experts on a range of topics relating to the Halal sector.
You can download the presentations from the day by clicking on the relevant link below.
Welcome and Introduction – Dr Phil Hadley, AHDB Beef & Lamb Head of Supply Chain
- Recent AHDB Beef and Lamb research on Halal slaughter – Professor Toby Knowles, University of Bristol
- AHDB Beef and Lamb Halal marketing activity – Mike Whittemore, AHDB Beef & Lamb Head of Trade Marketing
- Ethnic diets and consumer health – Maureen Strong, AHDB Nutrition Manager
- Global opportunities for Halal exports – JP Garnier, AHDB Beef & Lamb Head of Exports
- Consumer perceptions of Halal products – Dr Haseeb Shabbir, University of Hull