- This event has passed.
Feeding the Ewe in Late Pregnancy – Staffordshire
November 9 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Join AHDB Beef & Lamb for this in-depth workshop looking at the impact ewe nutrition has on flock health. Poor nutrition can lead to diseases, infertility and increased lamb losses. This workshop will discuss the principles of ewe nutrition throughout the year but will focus on the energy and protein demands of the ewe in late pregnancy and during lactation. Delegates will have the opportunity to get bespoke guidance on their system and can expect to gain a greater understanding of health issues, sheep nutrition and ration formulation.
Our speaker will be Paul Mardell from GLW Feeds.
The workshop will be interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and will be at a high technical level.
10:30am Arrival and start
- The key principles of feeding ewes – energy and protein requirements
- How to maintain a healthy rumen
- Health issues and metabolic diseases that arise from poor nutrition
- Understanding individual silage or hay analysis
- Options for supplementation – what feeds do you have on the farm? What feeds are required to match the ewe’s requirements
- Nutritional value of different feeds and a step-by-step guide to ration formulation
- The role of vitamins, minerals and trace elements in ewe health and flock performance
Please bring your feed tickets and forage analysis with you. There will also be a questionnaire on your sheep flock to complete and return to us before the workshop.
To book your FREE place ring the AHDB Beef & Lamb events Hub on 01904 771212 or email email@example.com
Booking is essential. If you have any special dietary requirement please contact us as soon as possible.