- This event has passed.
Challenge Sheep Discussion Group – Overbury
November 7 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Challenge Sheep is tracking 9,000 replacements from a range of English sheep farms over seven years to understand how flock performance can be improved. The project aims to generate new knowledge and highlight existing information on managing ewe replacements.
As part of the Challenge Sheep project, each participating farm will be hosting discussion groups at three points during the year. Led by the farm consultant and participating farmer, the third round of events will be held this autumn. Each event will be specific to the host farm but will cover topics such as:
• Flock tupping weights against targets
• Feeding ewes until scanning and forward planning for winter feed
• Testing thin ewes for iceberg diseases and managing these diseases in the flock
• The importance of checking for liver fluke following the hot and dry conditions in the summer
• Trace elements and how to supplement
• Borders disease testing
Attendees are encouraged to bring tupping weights and BCS from their own flock.
To attend the meeting you will need to book. Please email email@example.com
Please bring clean and disinfectable footwear.